Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 26709 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Wonder Woman
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:51:24 AM »
Just when you were thinking the Sci-Fi genre had been renewed...

Dushku Wants Wonder Woman

Eliza Dushku, who played the vampire slayer Faith in the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, told attendees at the Wizard World convention in Boston on Oct. 1 that she would love to be considered for the main role in Buffy creator Joss Whedon's next film, Wonder Woman. "I would follow that man anywhere," she said in a panel session. "He's a genius. He writes women and he gets women. It's not that I'm done with TV, but I hear Joss is doing a little movie called Wonder Woman [laughs]. I'd slap on the dukes for that."

Dushku last appeared on television in the series Tru Calling, which lasted for a season and a half on Fox. Her next film will be the drama Nobel Son, in which she plays an insane-asylum escapee alongside Alan Rickman, Bill Pullman, Danny Devito and Peter Boyle.

Cherry Producing New SF Pilot

Mark Cherry, who created the Emmy award-winning series Desperate Housewives, is working on a new SF pilot for ABC along with Don Mancini, creator of the horror franchise Child's Play, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Cherry, who will executive-produce the new series, described the one-hour suspense drama as Touched by an Angel meets Quantum Leap.

The show, titled Kill Switch, centers on a woman who is executed for killing her daughter's murderer and then enters a sort of purgatory, wherein every week she finds herself in the body of someone about to be killed. It's up to her to figure out who the murderer will be and prevent it from happening, the trade paper reported. "Instead of a whodunit, it's a who-will-do-it," Cherry said.

Mancini, who is writing the pilot and will also executive-produce, told the trade paper he took the project to Cherry because its sensibility was similar to Desperate Housewives. "The tone isn't exactly like Desperate Housewives" he said. "But it has humor and wit in it. [It] seemed like something in his wheelhouse."

Near Dark To Rise Again

Rogue Pictures is developing a remake of the 1987 vampire film Near Dark, the Dread Central Web site reported. According to the site's "very reliable sources," producers Amy Kaufman and David Bixler have started soliciting pitches from writers for a new version of the script. Rogue recently produced the domestic horror films Cry Wolf and Seed of Chucky and distributed Shawn of the Dead in North America.

The original Near Dark centered on a young man (Adrian Pasdar), who falls in love with a vampire (Jenny Wright) and faces the choice to become immortal himself. The film also stars Lance Henriksen, Jenette Goldstein and Bill Paxton. The Web site reported that Rogue isn't planning any drastic changes to the story from the original version, which has become a cult favorite among horror fans.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Wonder Woman
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 10:26:47 AM »
Dushku as WW? There have been worse women thrown out for the role. (Charisma Carpenter for example.)

The Cherry thing seems vaguely interesting. The guy really is a pretty fine writer. (though he doesn't write all the episodes of Desperate Housewives anymore) The concept is sort of "Blah" though. Sounds like all the CSI/Cold Case/Law & Order bullshit.

Remake Near Dark?!?

<clutches heart and collapses>

</clutches heart and collapses>

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:05:12 AM »
I think Carpenter is more in keeping with Wonder Woman than pouty tough gal Dushku.  Wonder Woman = Amazonian love queen with a mission.  Dushku = neighbor's bitter daughter visiting from college.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 09:31:31 PM »
Kay, I've had it. I can't live in the shadows anymore, so I'm finally coming out of the closet and saying it.:

I'm more stoked about the Wonder Woman movie Joss Whedon is writing and directing than anything else Hollywood has on the books right now. Seriously. I think it's a fantastic character and I think Whedon is the guy to handle it just right. Here's hoping he doesn't let me down.

Anyway, www.superherohype.com did an informal poll of who they should cast as WW, and here they are in the order that masses prefer most. Me? I'm a Kate Beckensale guy because a) she's a good actor, b)she's old enough to own the role instead of the other way around, and c) she's the hottest woman on the face of the earth.

Charisma Carpenter 
Kate Beckinsale 
Another Actress 
Jessica Biel 
Monica Bellucci 
Jennifer Connelly 
Catherine Zeta-Jones 
Evangeline Lilly 
Morena Baccarin 
Alexa Davalos 
Taylor Cole
Michelle Monaghan
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Sarah Wayne Callies

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »
Ooh... Monica Bellucci.  I can see that.  And Charisma.  I can't see Kate, though.  The runt from the tribe of the Amazons, huh?

And we all know that Morena Baccarin looks good on TV and lousy on the big screen.  She can have the spinoff series.

Here's what I want to know:  Nazis? 

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 10:31:41 PM »
Monica Bellucci or no one. Sorry, she's #1 fit for it. I can't think of anyone else better suited. Baccharin's got a TV series down pat. Otherwise, I really think a different unknown actress would work better. You need someone with presence. Biel doesn't have it. Carpenter is too skinny to pull it off. You need someone tall. And with great baps. Bellucci for all, my friends.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 12:11:16 AM »
Belucci strikes me as too prissy/girly. I need somene who I can believe as an ass kicker.

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 12:41:38 AM »
What, and Kate Beckinsale isn't? Kate has no weight. You saw The Brotherhood of the Wolf, right? Bellucci can do it.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 12:56:59 AM »
i saw the brotherhood of the wolf and then immediately went to the place in Eternal Sunshine so I could get my memory erased and flirt with Kirsten Dunst.
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 09:02:57 AM »
Belucci strikes me as too prissy/girly.

Time for you to see Irreversible!  With the most brutal, unwatchable, sickening rape scene ever filmed. 

I know what you're saying though.  Bellucci Europe usually has her as a tough, commanding, coldly beautiful presence.  Bellucci Hollywood has her in all the sealed away since she was 14 years old roles, like in Brothers Grimm.  Or the five lines only, we hate heavy accents, Matrix roles.

She's perfect for Wonder Woman because she fills the suit, has the look, and American audiences think she can't do anything more than a throwaway superhero movie.

Enough of that, though, let's move back to the fantasy where Baccarin gets the TV series.  Because that girl deserves to be on the television more often.  Not just a pretty face, but she managed to eek something worthwhile out of Whedon's Tits and Be Quiet role.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2006, 10:16:55 PM »
So, this doesn't have much to do with Wonder Woman, but there's tons of hot pictures of Charisma Carpenter and Elisha Dushku here.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=478551

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2006, 11:04:56 PM »
I have always been an Eliza man.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 12:34:55 AM »
Are you blind?

Charisma gets five hard-ons (out of five)

8===D   8===D   8===D   8===D   8===D   

:bounce:

Offline Matt

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 02:19:31 AM »
Eliza looks like she'll do dirty things. Charisma? Nice, but she'll just give you a handjob.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 08:44:14 AM »
See, Tyson, that's why Eliza's hot.  The dirty bad-girl exotic factor.  Charisma looks exactly like the character she always plays and we all hate in real life.  Eliza...  She's the tom boy on the bike who hangs out with you on the loading dock when you try to avoid the annoying party your friend dragged you to.  And we all love that girl.

I also think Eliza looks better in her candid photos.  She actually looks more girly and unassuming.  And that's even better -- the girly girl who's putting on the tom boy tough girl attitude.  Charisma is always a little mean looking.   

Two hot girls -- one haughty and obsessed with youth and beauty ("I did Playboy to prove that I still could"  ???)  the other approachable and cool.