Author Topic: Drunkest Dude Ever?  (Read 3840 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Drunkest Dude Ever?
« on: May 23, 2006, 04:24:22 PM »
Monkey, grams go over my head. How trashed was this dude?

Quote from: AP
Driver Has 18 Times Legal Alcohol Limit

By LIUDAS DAPKUS, Associated Press Writer

VILNIUS, Lithuania - Lithuanian police were so astonished by a breath test that registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their device must be broken. It wasn't.

Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 7.27 grams per liter of alcohol in his blood repeatedly on different devices after he was pulled over Saturday for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius.

Lithuania's legal limit is 0.4 grams per liter.

"This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."

Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.

"A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.

Sungaila, who was slapped with a $1,110 fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.

Lithuania has one of the worst road safety records in the     European Union. Last year, 760 people died in traffic accidents in this country of 3.5 million residents. Most were alcohol-related.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
Re: Drunkest Dude Ever?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:29:58 PM »
lithuania is a depressing place.  let them drink and drive into each other.
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline Nubbins

• Powerful Poots
  • You're a kitty!
  • maybe you shouldn't dress like a bumblebee, bitch
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »

8=o tation

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 04:50:52 PM »
Unless my math is pretty off (likely), I think this is .727 blood alcohol level in US terms.  Which is ridiculously drunk, considering .5 is no more breathing for most people.

Offline Cassander

• Cap'n 40 Watt
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Simmer down now!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 12:13:02 AM »
no....  .727?  I mean, i've had dreams, i've trained, i've bled...but there's no way I can beat .727  just no way.

we'll put this in perspective...a friend of mine was recorded at .32 one night, and to me he looked, well, passed out and oblivious.  But the law enforcement officer said, "he should be in the hospital right now."  And I said, "You should see him on a Friday!

Anyway.  He was blotto.  I can't imagine, first of all, that this guy just woke up at about, oh, say, .65 and had a pint of beer and that's what put him over the edge, and second of all, that someone that high could remember what a key was, did, or even looked like much less also pair it up with the ignition, start the car, then drive out on the highway and get pulled over for...only driving over the center?  Fucking drifting?  He should be dead twice over.  Wouldn't you pay 1,100 and walk a couple extra blocks a day to live?
You ain't a has been if you never was.

Offline Tatertots

• Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 01:51:58 AM »
.72? That would mean that 72% of the guy's blood, by volume, was alcohol. That's simply impossible. You lose consciousness around 30-40%.

He was 18 times the legal limit, though. That's fucking crazy. I'm going to assume, at this point, that the breathalyzer was wrong.

Offline Reginald McGraw

• Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • Crypto-Facist
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 09:43:32 AM »
.72? That would mean that 72% of the guy's blood, by volume, was alcohol. That's simply impossible. You lose consciousness around 30-40%.

He was 18 times the legal limit, though. That's fucking crazy. I'm going to assume, at this point, that the breathalyzer was wrong.

Mmm...no...it actually means that 7/10 of one percent of his blood was alcohol.  According to: http://www.habitsmart.com/bal.html

As a comparison, in the US .08 is the legal limit...18 times that is 1.72.

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »

Mmm...no...it actually means that 7/10 of one percent of his blood was alcohol.¬  According to: http://www.habitsmart.com/bal.html

As a comparison, in the US .08 is the legal limit...18 times that is 1.72.

So, that's 136 square feet, right?

Offline fajwat

• Wee Bin Hoker
  • Cthulu saves souls for tasty midnight binges.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »
Unless my math is pretty off (likely), I think this is .727 blood alcohol level in US terms.  Which is ridiculously drunk, considering .5 is no more breathing for most people.

a gram of water is equal to an ml.. I think alcohol is close (slightly lighter by volume?) than water, but close enough, so yeah, presuming it's equal to water's density, it'd be 0.72%, aka 0.0072litre / 1.0litre.

The realization that 0.5% (not 5 percent, but zero-point-five-percent) blood alcohol by volume is deadly woke me up to just how toxic alcohol is.  I've tested at 0.27% before. (I wasn't driving).
"If it were up to me I would close Guant√°namo not tomorrow but this afternoon... Essentially, we have shaken the belief that the world had in America's justice system... and it's causing us far more damage than any good we get from it."

-Colin Powell