Children of the Sun > Movies & Entertainment

The Rise & Fall of the Spider-Man Franchise

(1/52) > >>

nacho:
So, wait, Spider-Man 2 is a slow-moving, tedious comic version of Spider Man which makes fun of the original movie and constantly makes heavy-handed references to Evil Dead 2?  I see.

RottingCorpse:
The hospital scene is classic Raimi, eh?

Are you just now watching it for the first time?

nacho:

--- Quote from: RottingCorpse ---The hospital scene is classic Raimi, eh?

Are you just now watching it for the first time?
--- End quote ---

It's been low on my queue.  I'd say why, but I don't remember what I'm renting or burning anymore.  It's all a blur and I'm surrounded by burned DVD's!  I think I'm diseased.

Yeah, there's classic Raimi through the whole...damn...thing.  I see just about every movie he's done in there.  But when you start making more-than-nods to your movies and actually recreating scenes, it's a little rough, I think.  Especially when this movie is hollywood superhero go get 'em Spiderman!! and the other movies are gorefests or outrageous comedies shot on shoestrings.

I'm sitting here thinking (half way through)  YES, I KNOW SAM RAIMI IS THE DIRECTOR!  HELLO IVAN!  

Spider Man 2:  The best of Sam Raimi!  Or:  It's weird recreating scenes from Crimewave without all of the goofy characters.

nacho:
I have your life in my hands unless you give me what I need.  I am a god compared to you.

Okay, I'll give it to you.  But bring me Spiderman.

Okay!  Gosh!

Nubbins:
oh come on... it's not THAT bad.

I want Kirsten Dunst to come sit on my lap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version