Author Topic: Surface  (Read 1695 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Surface
« on: January 25, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »
so I'm downloading Surface because there's this new guy at work who says that if I manage through the first million episodes it actually gets interesting and there's a babe who wears a bikini and corporate America is Satanic.  And the 13 episode download only took 80 minutes. 

I'm going to take some sort of drug to make the screaming pain all through the right side of my body go away and start watching this low grade shit.  Pray for me.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
Re: Surface
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:42:12 PM »
You're such a downloading faggot.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »
Cum guzzler.

Offline Matt

• working through the 1st 10,000
  • Old Timer
  • Wee Bin Hoker
  • tourist
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 12:13:55 AM »
You know, I figured you'd eventually get around to watching this series. Tell me if it's good, fag.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »
Okay -- fags -- I'm going to give this one three out of five stars.  It's addictive, it's fun, it's a little tense by the time you get to the eighth episode or so, once the Sekrit Korporate Konspearaksy comes into play.

Pros: 

Tons of beautiful women who are constantly in bikinis, skimpy clothes or forced to remove their clothes

Monsters that eat people and some cool deaths

Evil Chinamen

Ominous Euro-trash scientist

A few subplots that are pretty darned interesting

Cons:

The fucking E.T. feelgood subplot

It's Taken meets Jurassic Park with so many obvious ripoffs it hurts you (example -- secret storage shed, the door is jammed, the girl has to roll under and creep around looking for a clue.  Such an obvious Silence of the Lambs thing it made me scream.  There are a few others along these lines)

Only 15 episodes (it's been canned) and nothing is solved (I'm at episode 11, which is a big reveal episode.  But, still, that means they have to wrap up the zillion subplots and save the fucking world in four more episodes)

Special effects are weird and, often, poorly done

It's fun and you get into the characters, but it takes three or four episodes to do so. Not that the episodes are bad, just that the only thing which keeps you tuned in is that people die in cool ways and the women are always half-naked.