Author Topic: What NPR just said  (Read 1680 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
What NPR just said
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:07:10 AM »
NPR just said, in regards to the alleged bird flu that has killed, uh, one person on Mars because it caused massive engine failure while he was mapping an obscure part of the planet and he died of thirst in the desert walking back to base camp and only then because he ate the wrong type of mushroom:

"The Bush Administration has not learned its lessons from the 1918!" 

They're referring to the 1918 Pandemic which, really, was a weird and unusual event and killed tens of millions in 18 months.

It's worth noting, for the conspiracy nuts amoung you, that the US began working on the "unique strain" of the 1918 flu by unearthing a mass grave in Kansas and recovering the still active strain.  This was about five years ago when they did it, and they finished reconstructing it genetically in 2002.  And...then...there's trouble in...China, right?

Anyway...  Learn the lessons from 1918?  What lessons?  What the fuck are they talking about?  The flu came right at the end of a massive World War.  The ability for normal people to travel was nothing like it is today.  If the lesson is "Lots of people died," I don't know what we're supposed to do with it.

Remember your lesson!  tens of millions died from the flu in 1918!

Okay!  I'll wash my hands and take liquids!

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: What NPR just said
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 09:54:01 AM »
Bird flu is coming! BIRD FLU IS COMING!

Why didn't we listen?!?

*SOB*

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:37:42 AM »
Is it me or is the media frustrated beyond reason that bird flu isn't what it's cracked up to be.  Every report is like ohpleaseohpleaseohpleasesaymillionsdead!

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 02:04:31 PM »
It's killed some urchin called "Timmy" somewhere in Turkey.

Apparently "14" people have been infected.

Thankfully at least one intelligent person, a scientist who actually knows something about it (unlike the media) has given a statement along the lines of "don't be fucking retards - unless there's a major genetic  mutation (from an infinite pallette) we won't actually see human-human infection.

Those people in Turkey only have it because they got itchy thighs from Turkish poultry.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.