Author Topic: Doctor Who: NuWho Thread  (Read 28066 times)

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
Re: Doctor Who: Season 34: The Capaldi Years
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2014, 08:22:48 PM »
I have no idea what's happening in that trailer.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2014, 02:47:43 AM »
I have no idea what's happening in that trailer.

The TARDIS, as in the other trailers, is blowing up. The Doctor is answering the emergency phone and getting zapped.  We get some Time Lord anatomy in the X-ray which could be a Dalek gun-effect...the Doctor dies? Capaldi is doing just one season? But the hearts are beating, so okay...

The voiceover is first Davros, then a Dalek (or evolved Davros) (most likely). Or it could be the Time Controller (a Dalek baddie from the previously non-canon and, as of the 50th anniversary, canon 8th Doctor audio dramas, and a huge fan favorite), or it could be Dalek Caan (my theory) whose prophecy from the meta-crisis remains unfulfilled.  The "I see into your soul..." stuff is pure Time Controller, though.

Dalek Caan is sort of the show's answer to the Time Controller, anyway (and was being held by Davros when last we saw him).

It's really a very exciting trailer...but it's 100% deep fan wank.

Looks like we're going to get a teaser of this ilk every Friday until the 22nd!

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2014, 03:24:17 PM »
No spoilers in the piece below.

http://www.thewrap.com/doctor-who-scripts-leak-online-bbc-begs-internet-to-avoid-spoilers/

‘Doctor Who’ Scripts Leak Online, BBC Begs Internet to Avoid Spoilers

The premiere episode and four others have surfaced online

BBC Worldwide made a plea on Monday for anyone who might have read five leaked “Doctor Who” scripts to “not share” them or any spoilers with fans.

“We would like to make a plea to anyone who might have any of this material and spoilers associated with it not to share it with a wider audience so that everyone can enjoy the show as it should be seen when it launches,” the company said in a statement. “We know only too well that ‘Doctor Who’ fans are the best in the world, and we thank them for their help with this and their continued loyalty.”

The plea was attached to an apology the commercial division of U.K. public broadcaster BBC released after scripts for the upcoming season premiere and four other episodes surfaced online.

“BBC Worldwide is currently investigating a security issue around ‘Doctor Who’ Series 8 where unfinished material has inadvertently been made public,” BBC Worldwide's statement said. “We deeply regret this and apologize to all the show's fans, the BBC and the cast and crew who have worked tirelessly making the series.”

The RadioTimes reports that the security breach occurred after the scripts were sent to the BBC Worldwide's newly opened Latin America headquarters in Miami for translation.

The new season, which carries on with a new Doctor played by Peter Capaldi, premieres on Aug. 23.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2014, 04:12:46 PM »
Rumor is that the episodes also leaked. Though no sign from the jolly roger.

So the only interesting spoilers are that the pilot will indeed be feature length, which we all suspected.

Other spoilers: The Doctor has zany adventures with attractive companions battling the same enemies he's been battling for over 50 years! SURPRISE!

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2014, 08:59:55 PM »
I read them all!

There's lots to complain about... Mainly Moffatt's fixation on branding a spin-off series, and his general mishandling of...everything.

That said, the Doctor is manic and crazy. And slightly evil. There's a whole psychotic dynamic with Clara -- the Doctor thinks she's ugly, often with hilarious results. He's totally cold and alien and moving at top speed... Really very interesting.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2014, 08:55:25 AM »
The workprints have all been leaked as of this morning by the same guy who leaked the scripts. I'm avoiding them because they're pre-editing and CGI, though prevailing fan opinion is that this is some of the worst Who ever filmed and an appalling waste of Capaldi. There's talk of how the show has been "Whedonized."

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2014, 11:03:04 AM »
Oh my god...this guy who leaked the scripts leaked the entire season except the finale. Crazy...

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2014, 07:11:13 PM »
OMG OMG OMG!!!!

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2014, 07:28:54 PM »
Sexy.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2014, 10:34:12 AM »
Okay. The first 6 episodes have leaked and are making the rounds. The hatred for them is universal... As in, Doctor Who has jumped the shark and is now dreadful and it's all over. Never seen reactions this bad before... And, for this show, the bar's really set pretty low. Especially for classic Who fans who cheerfully sit through 2.5 hour Doctor-lite episodes that had a total budget of 5000 pounds.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2014, 12:44:22 PM »
Going back to the teaser format after having the full trailer doesn't quite work...

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2014, 02:11:37 PM »
Ka-fucking-boom!  Former 2nd Doctor companion Frazer Hines tweeted this:

Got some great news today...but can't say yet

Followed by an announcement by the Beeb that the theater premiere of Capaldi's first episode will have a "five minute teaser of footage from an upcoming DVD release."

The Missing Episodes rumor mill just went into hyperdrive...

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2014, 10:43:28 AM »
So...it occurs to me that I've never seen JLC wearing trousers.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2014, 11:59:15 AM »
So the pictures from the cinema premiere of Deep Breath today are....insane. Mobbed streets, the TARDIS on top of Cardiff Castle, traffic stopped, mobs pressing into the theater. The red carpet walk alone had 4000 people screaming for Capaldi -- daleks and cybermen on patrol.

Initial reaction is the complete opposite of the reaction to the scripts and the work print leak -- everyone loves Deep Breath now.

All major cinema chains in the UK, New Zealand, and Australia will be showing the episode in wide release on the 23rd. Select cities in the US (12 cities, 500 screens) are also on board with this... So, now, season premieres are going to be treated like massive movie releases! Amazing, really.

BBC America is adding a half hour "pre-show" and an hour "post-show" to each episode, a la The Talking Dead. This is their bid to expand the audience even more...

Pics:
http://www.greatsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/cardiff2.jpg

http://www.greatsociety.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/cardiffwho.jpg

In missing episodes news: The Underwater Menace -- of which only one episode exists -- was mysteriously announced for a DVD release at the end of 2014. Today, both the teams who normally do the retcons and the animations for missing episodes issued statements that say "they are not involved" with the DVD release. 

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28690462

Peter Capaldi: 'My Doctor is less user-friendly'
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.