Author Topic: Doctor Who: NuWho Thread  (Read 28067 times)

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Doctor Who: Season 34: The Capaldi Years
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »
Today's rumor (coming from 7th Doctor Sylvester McCoy) is that The Master returns this season...played by a new actor who we would recognize as "someone very scary."

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 11:52:38 AM »
Today's rumor (coming from 7th Doctor Sylvester McCoy) is that The Master returns this season...played by a new actor who we would recognize as "someone very scary."

Please be Christopher Lee.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:26 AM »

Please be Christopher Lee.

That would be so insanely perfect.

And, since this is Doctor Who, nothing's impossible!

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2014, 12:08:43 PM »
I've love to see Malcolm Tucker... I mean, Capaldi's Doctor Who match up against Christoper Lee's Count Dracula.
There will come a day for every man when he will relish the prospect of eating his own shit. That day has yet to come for me.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2014, 11:23:49 AM »
Hmmm... So McGann tweeted a picture of himself as the 8th Doctor on set. (Rumors of a multi-Doctor story have been circulating for a while now.)

Internet had a minor squee...

Offline RottingCorpse

• Old Timer
  • You're a kitty!
  • We got this by the ass!
    • http://www.lonniemartin.com
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2014, 11:25:45 AM »
After 'Night of the Doctor,' doesn't it make sense for him to come back? You have all sorts of 8th doctor adventures to fill in.

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »
Everyone wants him back. Almost as loudly as they want David Bradley & Co. to redo the missing episodes, 21st-century style.

I think we'll certainly see lots of 8th Doctor stuff this year. If not a multi-Doctor adventure, then a web-series.

Offline monkey!

• Monkey
  • You're a kitty!
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
But what about Christopher Lee?

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 11:55:18 AM »
Looks like we'll be seeing Tegan again (a companion from the 5th Doctor's era). She's sort of the logical choice for a big comeback  now that Lis Sladen is dead. The poor man's Sarah Jane!

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 11:09:31 AM »
Oh my god... Season 34 sounds terrible:

http://doctorwhoworldwide.com/2014/04/14/contains-spoilers-everything-we-know-about-series-8/

I hate to see the Coal Hill School mention, and storylines ripped from early BTVS...

That said... Ice Warriors! The Master (as a seasonal arc Big Bad)!

Looks like they're going to play with us, as well:

The Master will return. With Gallifrey saved, so was The Master. While we have more exact details as to his return it ties into spoilers printed previously for The Time of the Doctor. The Master will exist in our universe again and whether he is a help or a hinderance to the Doctor’s quest for Gallifrey will be a matter of debate but become clear by the end of the series. Damien Molony, currently starring in Ripper Street, has been linked to the role, yet John Simm has previously stated his desire to potentially return to the role as well and Samuel Anderson’s Danny Pink is “not all he seems” which may link in.

(Fandom has pretty much assumed that Danny Pink is really the Master from the moment the character was announced...)

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2014, 04:43:19 PM »
Missing episodes update! The "omnirumor" has long insisted that we're going to get some sort of announcement from the beeb "around Easter."

So maybe we'll have news on Monday? Web of Fear (the higher profile of the two serials recovered last year) ships in region one on April 22nd...

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2014, 08:35:22 AM »
Web of Fear day! My copy arrives tomorrow. No news on other missing episodes...

I posted this in the last thread, but the trailer is making the rounds again. I love the attempt to modernize the episode. I hope we do find more of the Troughton collection... He's the Doctor that all the fogies say was the most influential for fandom, and he had such a hard road as the first replacement Doctor... In terms of informing how future Doctors behaved, he certainly is influential. There's a lot of him in the 5th and 11th Doctors, and a bit of him in the 7th and 10th. With most of his episodes missing, he kind of falls by the wayside these days, well eclipsed by his successors. But, slowly, hopefully, we'll get to meet Troughton again....45-50 years later...

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
He hasn't even started yet and he's already allowed to do anything he wants:

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
The current rumors are that Hermione Norris (who stars in the episode that sees the show filming on the Spanish coast at "the same location as an episode from 1984 where the Doctor battled an old enemy") is the new Master.

The location in question is where the 5th Doctor serial, Planet of Fire, was filmed. That old enemy was The Master.

Norris would be an interesting pick for the first female Master... She's pretty much unknown in the States, sadly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermione_Norris

Online nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS