Author Topic: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)  (Read 28130 times)

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
Re: Ice & Fire (Game of Thrones)
« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »

Also, how about Sansa rocking Cersei's long-hair hairdo?

Makes me want to do a Sansa inspired photo shoot

I was all about her brief stint at the Aerie as Dark Sansa.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »
Wheee... The dragons have finally been deployed in a proper battle. And what a battle it was. Amazing episode.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2017, 01:59:39 PM »
I knew they were coming and it still gave me goosebumps when they flew into the shot.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »
I knew they were coming and it still gave me goosebumps when they flew into the shot.

In a show that's all about battles, I think that one takes the cake.

Also, I would have killed Theon, despite "what he did for Sansa." Like, he pretty much did the least he could do for Sansa and that's the ONLY good thing he's EVER done!

Who saved Jaime? Bronn? Or Dickon (tee hee)?

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2017, 03:47:48 PM »

Not sure...my assumption was Bronn.  I'd have to watch it again to see if they show it.  I had to rewind and re-watch the Bran/ Little Finger interaction three times (with close captioning on the last time) to see what he was saying about Chaos is a ladder.  I'm assuming that's something Little Finger said to someone.  I can't remember.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2017, 07:41:22 AM »

Not sure...my assumption was Bronn.  I'd have to watch it again to see if they show it.  I had to rewind and re-watch the Bran/ Little Finger interaction three times (with close captioning on the last time) to see what he was saying about Chaos is a ladder.  I'm assuming that's something Little Finger said to someone.  I can't remember.

Yeah, the  ladder of chaos was his big speech to Sansa last season. They showed it in the previously on recap!

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:17 AM »
Oh, no, they didn't show it in the recap. Sorry.

So it's when he basically told Sansa that his only motivation was to let everyone destroy each other so that he could eventually sit on the Iron Throne and, gosh, wouldn't it be great if Sansa were his queen? Of course, part of his plan was to help everyone to destroy themselves faster, which he admitted to (stopping short of admitting his role in various murders).

Bran's mistake, though, is telling Littlefinger that he knows what he's up to. No one should ever do that.

Also on rewatching: Pretty sure it was Bronn who saved Jamie. It's not clear, but it's someone not wearing armour who, I presume, will go and double-save Jamie in the next episode.

What we need to theorize now is how everyone's arcs are going to end. Because I thought Bronn would die for the gold or, having failed that, go out in a blaze of glory at the scorpion. The fact that he didn't means that he has a final role to play (beyond saving Jamie).

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #247 on: August 08, 2017, 09:48:57 AM »
I read an interesting article where it theorized Bronn was changing into someone who believes in something as opposed to just a sellsword.  The article also went further to state, we might see Jamie captured...again.  And then traded for the Greyjoy chick.  But I'd find that somewhat disappointing. 

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #248 on: August 08, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
I read an interesting article where it theorized Bronn was changing into someone who believes in something as opposed to just a sellsword.  The article also went further to state, we might see Jamie captured...again.  And then traded for the Greyjoy chick.  But I'd find that somewhat disappointing. 

Bronn believes in Bad Pussy! Who is now rotting in a cell, sadly.

Yeah, I didn't want to theorize on Jamie, because that's where the show jumps the shark: A reversal of fortune that's ham-handedly used to conclude Tyrion's journey: Mad queen captures Lannister brother, other Lannister brother guiltily frees imprisoned brother, imprisoned brother stalks the halls with borrowed weapon seeking vengeance. Blah.

And a trade for Yara would be dumb, as well, because she's pretty much useless now. Besides, Dany just destroyed the food supply for King's Landing. So all she has to do now is besiege them and the people will rise up.

What I hope for is that Jamie either dies or is dragged to safety by maybe-Bronn and his journey continues. But having him captured (yet again) is a mistake no matter how they play it.   

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2017, 12:14:08 PM »
A nice "setup" episode.  And I love the "Suicide Squad" memes that are going around.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »
A nice "setup" episode.  And I love the "Suicide Squad" memes that are going around.

Talk about moving the story along a warp speed though.  It's like everyone except for Sam are actually in the same building just going from room to room.

So you caught Gilly's discovery that Jon outranks Dany in terms of having a claim to the Iron Throne, right?

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #251 on: August 15, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »
So you caught Gilly's discovery that Jon outranks Dany in terms of having a claim to the Iron Throne, right?

If I'm being honest, yes and no.  I knew her discovery was important but I had to research to find out exactly what it was.  Truth be told, I get confused by all the names and "Houses".

"I'm naught a smaaart maaaann"

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »
So...just watched the leaked episode and... Holy motherfucking holy fucking shit. Wow.

Offline Sirharles

• Old Timer
  • Nacho Ruined My Life
« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2017, 11:18:23 AM »
Jesus!

Talk about a blow!  So you not only do you lose a dragon, but you give it to the other side.  And that's how they get past the wall.

Offline nacho

• Hallowed are the Ori.
  • Walter The Farting Dog
  • You're a kitty!
    • GS
« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »
Jesus!

Talk about a blow!  So you not only do you lose a dragon, but you give it to the other side.  And that's how they get past the wall.

It's actually Bran's fault -- which I bet we're about to find out. When the Night King marked him, and he went south, it weakened the wall. The wards were further weakened when the Night King wiped out the Three-Eyed Raven and the Children of the Forest (the latter are the ones who created the wards in the first place). Remember how the wights couldn't enter the cave of the Three-Eyed Raven until the Night King marked Bran?